Fatal error: DB Error: connect failed in /home/ptolo/public_html/configuration/kernal.php on line 20
|Under-twos at ECE|
|Infants and toddlers have various play needs to older children. During your visit, check out whether the environment is safe and emboldens experiences that suit their interests and abilities.|
• the adults respond to the needs of the children
• there are quiet spaces, and in mixed-age services, spaces just for children who are lying, sitting and crawling
• infants and toddlers are often talked to and given plenty of affection
• a quiet sleeping place is provided
• food is provided, and how meals are managed for toddlers and feeds for babies
• outdoor spaces are safe and fun.
• a soft, carpeted area for babies to lie, crawl on, pull up and explore
• raised areas or different levels that create challenges for them to crawl up and down and practise being mobile
• safe spaces for infants to lie or sit, and not be interrupted or hurt
• containers and other objects that are the right size for putting into and out of containers, holding and moving around
• push-able and pull-able carts and other toys for children to use
• lots of pictures and mobiles at the right height for children to look at and touch
• spaces for adults to be on the floor with small children
• outdoor spaces that are safe and fun
• cushions and soft spaces as well as places for messy play
• balls, containers and other objects for children to manipulate and put in and out of containers
• things in a variety of textures that infants are able to touch.
Sometimes one visit is enough, but you may need several visits. It is better to take your child along, and ask more questions before making a decision. Each child is different so be quite specific with your questions and that may help you to understand whether the service would be the best variant for your child. Replies to your questions will help you make a decision which service will be appropriate for you and your family.