Some researchers believe that a genius can be broad up. And so many research works had been done to find the criteria which would show the future company leaders among small kids. Likewise, there are also qualities and characteristics that are frequently found among gifted children, although no child will possess them all. One way that parents can tell if their children might be gifted is to focus on a range of behaviors that occur in the daily conversations, activities, and responses to learning opportunities. Here are some behavior characteristics of early traced evidences of talent and gifts of children from 4 to 6 years:
1. High level of curiosity in many cases
2. Thoughtful but not stupid questions
3. Complex thinking and complicated speech patterns usage
4. Good self – expression ability
5. Extra-ordinary way of solving problems
6. Good memory
7. Exhibit unusual talent in art, music, or creative dramatics
8. Original imaginations
9. Usage of previously learned things in new contexts
10. Logical sequence order of statements
11. Discussing and arguing upon contradictious ideas
12. Fast learners
13. Desire to work independently and take initiative
14. Exhibit wit and humor
15. Choosing challenging tasks and persistent their execution
16. Are very observant
17. Show talent in making up stories and telling them
18. Are interested in reading.
A gifted child might not show all of the above characteristics all the time, but parents and professionals will generally see a pattern when observing and looking for them for some time.
Do you want to find out whether your child is talented or gifted? There are some methods how to do it.
Many parents do not see the sense of testing their possible geniuses’ abilities. But there are potential risks with putting off the testing, these include:
1. Many gifted children appear to get into the conflicts with authority too much questioning and too much arguing. Sometimes gifted children can suffer attention disorders. Hence, the test would identify between a gifted child and a possible learning disorders kid. So, its important to find out not only whether your child is gifted but also foresee his or her possible illnesses and complications depending on the state of mind.
2. Waiting the school tests results; they can be very different, so don’t waste your and your child’s time and find out his or her real abilities;
3. Gifted children should be placed in the environment of the same kind kids in order to feel better. Research has shown that gifted students study well when placed with students of similar ability. In the wrong learning setting, giftedness can be as paralyzing as a learning handicap. Unfortunately, these gifted children are terrible introverts, misunderstood by friends and parents, with their undiscovered exceptionality leading to a dead end. If placed in the lacking behind class, talented children having no challenges may lose their special abilities which can be even dangerous for their emotional health.